POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows beta 37 : Re: Windows beta 37 Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:39:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows beta 37
From: Tim Cook
Date: 26 Apr 2010 18:11:55
Message: <4bd60fab@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> I guess that will depend on user feedback. Implementation of such a flag
> should be no big deal, but I currently don't see what it would be good
> for; it would also open up the question how the flag should actually
> work: For instance, should it affect only interaction with photons
> /before/ the target, or also /after/ the target?

I would imagine a no_photons would just make the object not there as far
as photon calculation is concerned.  The correction noted for
pass_through for photons doesn't really make much sense to be called
pass_through, though, if the photons are still being affected by the object.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net