POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows beta 37 : Re: Windows beta 37 Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:48:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows beta 37
From: clipka
Date: 26 Apr 2010 17:36:06
Message: <4bd60746$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.04.2010 23:21, schrieb Tim Cook:
> Chris Cason wrote:
>> As the error is also present in POV-Ray 3.6, behavior has necessarily
>> changed with this fix; pass_through objects will now affect the color
>> of photons on their way to their target, according to pigment
>> filter/transmit, interior fade, and media (which implies that opaque
>> objects will block photons even when declared pass_through)
>
> Will a no_photons flag for objects be added, for consistency with
> no_image/no_shadow/no_reflection?

I guess that will depend on user feedback. Implementation of such a flag
should be no big deal, but I currently don't see what it would be good
for; it would also open up the question how the flag should actually
work: For instance, should it affect only interaction with photons
/before/ the target, or also /after/ the target?