POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: nemesis
Date: 26 Apr 2010 12:40:27
Message: <4bd5c1fb@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson escreveu:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:15:28 +0200, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>>
>> Ooo, here's a random thought: Do you think there will ever be a day
>> when the Internet becomes fast enough to watch TV-quality video in
>> realtime?
>>
>> When do you think that day will be?
>
> About five years ago.

Only today I've got a 10Mbit connection at home.  I can view most HD
videos comfortably, meaning little time for buffering the video so I can
  start playing them as they still keep loading.  Resolution is not Full
HD at all and compression quality is worse than in bluray.  And play
cursor may occasionally still reach buffer cursor before it's full.

> Are you sure you are not living in the jungle?

I live in Brazil out of the jungle, but even the jungle and slums are
wired... :P

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9