POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Default file type : Re: Default file type Server Time
6 Jul 2024 07:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Default file type
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 26 Apr 2010 12:39:13
Message: <4bd5c1b1$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/25/2010 06:44 AM, clipka wrote:
> How about changing the default output file type for both Windows and
> Unix version to PNG?

I'm in favor of this as that's the most common format I use ... but that
doesn't make it correct. Everyone has made compelling pro and con
arguments, but I think it's rather like asking a painter what medium
they like to work with ... acrylics or oil. Personal choice right? If
something other than png is ultimately the choice ... no worries for me
as the format I like to use is just a command line option away!

Jim