POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 26 Apr 2010 11:31:08
Message: <4bd5b1bc$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/26/2010 8:00 AM, Invisible wrote:

> 2. A stretched image where everybody has elliptical heads.

I don't know how things are in the UK, but over here, everyone generally
has an elliptical head. ;)

> 3. One of the various "zoom" modes which distorts the image non-linearly
> to supposedly give a better picture than a linear distortion.

Mmm, my father in law had a TV that did this. It was quite literally
nausea-inducing. I always wound up with a nasty headache after watching
anything in 4:3 on that TV.

> 4. Cut the top and/or bottom off the picture to make it fit.

Depending on the program, this is acceptable, of course if there's
titling or a crawl across the bottom of the screen... it's a nuisance.

> Everybody seems to hate #1, but lots of people apparently see nothing
> wrong with #2 or #3. *shudders*

Yeah, I don't get it. The only reason I really want the screen filled is
so my CRT doesn't burn-in.

--
~Mike