POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: scott
Date: 26 Apr 2010 10:25:40
Message: <4bd5a264$1@news.povray.org>
> Man, 10x that... that's expensive! Hell, it's almost worth stealing the
> laptop just for the software that's stored on it! ;-)

Yeh good luck with that, assuming you managed to get past the hard drive
encryption somehow, the software won't run without a license.  It picks up
the license from the network (you can "borrow" it for up to 14 days if you
want), so you'd either need to hack my VPN account too, or get physical
access to our site somehow.  Anyway, once we knew it was stolen I'd
definitely notice if that machine had picked up the license, and then I'd
ask IT to block it :-)

Easier to just download the software from bitTorrent along with a crack...