POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Apr 2010 09:57:46
Message: <4bd59bda$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Oh, wait - what laptop do you have?
>
> Some HP one, with Intel T9600 CPU and nVidia FX770M, it's quite nifty
> and surprisingly the battery lasts for 4 or 5 hours if you're not doing
> anything particularly CPU or GPU intensive.

Yeah, I'm still quite surprised at how well the batteries on my laptop
last. It's always been my experience that the battery specs on the
packet are nonesense and the battery *actually* lasts about 20 minutes.
But my current laptop _really will_ run for over an hour without needing
charge.

(And, since it's the first laptop I've seen with a *working* glidepad,
you can ACTUALLY USE IT ON YOUR LAP! Amazing...)

> I think mine was about 1500 GBP.

I'm glad I was already sitting down. :-)

Man, 10x that... that's expensive! Hell, it's almost worth stealing the
laptop just for the software that's stored on it! ;-)