POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 26 Apr 2010 09:25:21
Message: <4bd59441$1@news.povray.org>

: 4bd58d26@news.povray.org...
>  Well, I'm not saying you are one of those people (and I'm in fact
> assuming you aren't), but I have seen *way* too many people who vehemently
> deny seeing *anything* wrong *at all* in a 4:3 picture which has been
> stretched horizontally to cover the entire 16:9 screen area.

Truly, lots of people are blind to wrong image ratios. Some years ago the
photos in my university's facebook had been stretched horizontally, turning
hundreds of students into flattened toads. Nobody found that odd. Recently,
I saw a framed print of a painting where the image had been squeezed because
the original image's ratio was wider than the frame's ratio. Why bother to
crop the image or find the right frame? Making movies in widescreen is a
real waste: filmmakers could film everything in 1.37:1 as in the old times,
stretch them to 2.39:1 and few people would notice.

G.