POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DVD authoring : DVD authoring Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  DVD authoring
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Apr 2010 09:16:50
Message: <4bd59242$1@news.povray.org>
There are all sorts of programs out there which claim to let you author
video DVDs. (E.g., K3b claims to be able to do this - but on closer
inspection, it only has the ability to write files to disk. You have to
somehow create those files yourself first.) There are freebie scripts on
the Internet and there are shareware and commercial programs that can
supposedly do this.

When I bought my original DVD drive, because it was Hewlett Packard it
came bundled with some authoring software that nobody's ever heard of.
It works though. Just about. (When you install it, it tries to discover
whether you have a HP DVD drive in your PC - which I don't, now. You can
get round it though.)

The package I've got allows you to take multiple AVI files, encoded with
just about any codec known to Man, and concatenate them, possibly with
some (rather cheesy) transitions. You can also insert static title
frames and so on. And you can create a very simple disk menu to play the
various chapters. Unfortunately, there's a split-second pause between
chapters (or maybe that's just my mum's DVD player, I'm not sure).

What do other people use for putting DVDs together?