POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Apr 2010 09:00:30
Message: <4bd58e6e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Well, I'm not saying you are one of those people (and I'm in fact
> assuming you aren't), but I have seen *way* too many people who vehemently
> deny seeing *anything* wrong *at all* in a 4:3 picture which has been
> stretched horizontally to cover the entire 16:9 screen area.

This is the best part of widescreen! :-D

You can choose between:

1. Black bars at the side of the screen. (I.e., all that extra screen
area you just paid money for being completely unused.)

2. A stretched image where everybody has elliptical heads.

3. One of the various "zoom" modes which distorts the image non-linearly
to supposedly give a better picture than a linear distortion.

4. Cut the top and/or bottom off the picture to make it fit.

Everybody seems to hate #1, but lots of people apparently see nothing
wrong with #2 or #3. *shudders*