POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Warp
Date: 25 Apr 2010 01:37:25
Message: <4bd3d515@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> > Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> why would you want to do this?
> >
> >   Why would one want to do pattern substitution?

> No, why would you want to find anything that's a number, parse it, and
> add one to it.

  You don't understand the concept of a simple example, do you?

  An example is a simple proof-of-concept which demonstrates a feature.
Asking "why would you want to do that" is idiotic when we are talking
about examples.

  If you give someone an example of a short Haskell program which prints
"Hello World!", and that someone would then ask you "why would you want
to do that?", wouldn't you consider him an idiot? He is *missing the point*.
It was just an example to demonstrate something.

--
                                                          - Warp