POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Apr 2010 13:56:27
Message: <4bd330cb$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Such things are comparatively rare for Windows though.

INI files is about it. Anything more complicated either goes in the registry
or into an XML file, if it's configuration. Some log files actually go into
text files, but that's mostly things like httpd logs there, too.

>> can be used (still usually with shorter commands and faster than writing
>> your own program would).
>
> I would debate that, but let's not start another argument...

Using Perl *is* writing your own program. And I expect the parser generator
in Haskell isn't a whole lot harder than an equivalet program in Perl.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)