POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 23 Apr 2010 17:03:31
Message: <4bd20b23$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:10:03 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>
>> (I'm still having trouble thinking up a use-case for that. About the
>> only thing I can think of is trying to find out which header file
>> defines a particular symbol or something.)
>
> Header file definitions, sure.
>
> Some of the things I grep for regularly:
>
> Which file contains contract information for a particular partner?
>
> Which of the chat log files I have contains a reference to a particular
> website, user ID, password, or discussion?

Which of the lines in this chat log contains a normal message, as opposed to
information like "Jim has joined #povray" or "Logfile started"?

I piped the result of that grep into 'sed' to extract only the username,
then sort | uniq -c | sort -n, and I got an ordered list of who talks the
most in the chatroom :)