POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can't add lights to SketchUp file : Re: Can't add lights to SketchUp file Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't add lights to SketchUp file
From: clipka
Date: 23 Apr 2010 14:04:30
Message: <4bd1e12e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.04.2010 15:30, schrieb lmk### [at] kmiecik-architectscom:

Uh-oh - why does "upgraded to 3.6" not sound too good to me?

 > I have been using 2.4. What happened
> to all the other features, like area lights, real light, glow?

I fear they may have undergone some serious changes in syntax back
during the transition from 2.x to 3.x, or from 3.whatever to 3.5 (the
latter must have occurred somewhen back in 2002 or so). Version 3.6 has
been around since 2004.

> I have SketchUp 7.1.6860
> POV-Ray version 3.6.2.msvc9.win64

Whatever software you used for converting from SketchUp to POV-Ray 2.4
must be pretty outdated; best bet is that this is what's causing you
trouble.