POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I wonder why? : Re: Abandon all hope Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abandon all hope
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Apr 2010 13:08:19
Message: <4bd1d403$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/04/2010 5:42 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> My wife likes peanut butter and jam but I prefer good old fashioned
>> stir fried jellyfish.
>
> I like them both. But they just don't go together.

No they don’t :-)

> FWIW, Americans have both jelly *and* jam. Jam is jelly with bits of
> fruit in it. Sort of like the difference between chunky and smooth
> peanut butter. So yeah, "jelly" technically *is* "Jell-O", which here is
> a brand of gelatin. Jelly is just jell-o with a slightly different
> consistency and flavoring.

Thanks and to confuse things further (for the English, Brits), in my
home town of Glasgow we called cheep jam (with very few bits of fruit)
jeely. As in a jeely piece or a jam sandwich. Made famous in the jeely
Piece song.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7SAPmcwXA

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen