POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Apr 2010 17:32:49
Message: <4bd0c081$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Yeah, well, I had noticed that you seem to know far more about COM than
> I do.

Not *that* much. Maybe a half a day's worth of learning?

>> Which implementation do you use?
> Smalltalk VisualWorks. I *think* it was v3.0...

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/documentation/current/ReleaseNotes7.5.pdf

They were up to a version that supports it (7.5) five years ago. You were
working with V3.0.  Perhaps you were using a pre-COM version that wouldn't
run under Win98 or something?

>> Plus, you probably use Word and Excel, and they both support COM too.
> You mean VBA supports COM?

How do you think VBA talks to the application?  Of course it supports COM.
That's pretty much *all* it supports. It doesn't really do anything on its own.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)