POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 22 Apr 2010 15:47:54
Message: <4bd0a7ea$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/22/10 03:38, Warp wrote:
>> More specifically,
>> http://www.codeproject.com/kb/shell/ShellExtGuide8.aspx
>
>   So in order to get Windows Explorer to show exact byte counts, I would have
> to download and install Visual Studio, get it to work, write an extension
> manually, install it, and keep it with me in an USB stick so that I can
> install it in a friend's computer if I ever want to see the byte sizes there
> as well?

	Or, you know, just use a different file explorer program.

	Somehow I've lost the point of this whole discussion. Who said you have
to use just Windows Explorer?

>   Konqueror uses thousands-separators in file sizes.

	And I'm sure there exists software that runs on Windows that shows
exact file sizes.

	I sense an apples to oranges comparison going on here. Why are you
comparing Konqueror with Windows Explorer, anyway?

--
Sign on ZIP file : CAUTION! Contents under pressure!