POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No man on the moon? : Re: No man on the moon? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No man on the moon?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 22 Apr 2010 13:13:03
Message: <4bd0839f$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook v2 wrote:

> Oh yeah how do you know they're actually receiving anything at all have
> you tried it yourself; have you, have you? This is the start of the
> slow-con for when the equipment becomes available for anyone to run the
> tests "We didn't get anything back" will be the cry of the masses; "Oh
> yeah we've said they've been getting dimmer for ages, you need more
> sensitive equipment available only to us" and so the con continues.
>
> :-P

Most of modern science is based on facts which are impossible to varify
without some seriously expensive equipment. The scientists doing this
work can easily verify that the established theories are correct, but
it's a valid question as to whether the fact that laypeople believe it
counts as science or just a belief system...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/