POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Apr 2010 12:33:21
Message: <4bd07a51$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I.e., "I find Windows difficult because it's not made for nerds by nerds, so
>> to make it as nerdy as Linux, I have to download some free programs and
>> install them." :-)
>
>   Most of which are very specific, support only a limited amount of
> functionalities, cannot be chained to perform more complex operations,
> are often inconvenient to use, large and heavy, and litter your system
> with tons of setup files and registry entries which it will leave there
> even after you uninstall the app.

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/

Jeez, you're really harsh on those GNU guys.  Most of those programs are
simple stand-along .exe files.

But that's OK. I understand that you're more into bitching about Windows
than you are in improving your experience, so carry on.

 > Also if they do very low-level stuff,
> they usually don't integrate very well with Windows and its own apps
> (such as Windows Explorer).

Well, duh. How well does grep integrate with GNOME?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)