POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Apr 2010 12:13:36
Message: <4bd075b0$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> ...so how do you actually do this then?
>>
>> That's what the whole COM thing is all about, along with things like
>> "Windows Scripting Host" and "Power Shell".
>
>  From what I've seen, you can't touch COM unless you're programming in C
> or C++.

Nonsense. Every programming language and every scripting language supports
COM that I've seen. Didn't you tell me Haskell has a COM interface? I know
Tcl does. WSH does. C# has a particularly nice one. Python does.

OK, I'll grant that maybe postscript doesn't do COM. Whoops, nope, I take
that back. Ghostscript supports COM.

What language have you used on Windows that does *not* do COM? That would be
like having a language on Linux that doesn't support environment variables.

> Last time I checked, neither WSH nor Power Shell comes with Windows. You
> said "all of this is trivial using only the scripting tools that come
> with Windows". So how exactly do you do this then?

They both come with Windows.

Obviously "last I checked" didn't include googling before you posted.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)