POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Warp
Date: 22 Apr 2010 09:15:51
Message: <4bd04c07@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> OK, fair enough. I guess we'll just put this one down as "I personally
> >> have never ever needed to do this" then.
> >
> >   I don't think that's true. You said that you would use a text editor to
> > search for specific lines. That means you *know* that you can use a text
> > editor for that purpose. If you know that, you have probably done it,
> > probably many times.

> Not nearly as many times as you seem to think.

  That's quite different from "never needed to do this".

  You are seriously telling me you have never used the search feature of
a program which handles text?

> >   You are just being stubborn and arguing for the sake of argument.

> Well, I could have stood here claiming that "no, you must be wrong".
> Instead I said "OK, maybe it's just that you use computers for different
> tasks than me". Doesn't sound to me like somebody who's *trying* to
> cause an argument. (If anything, your comment sounds more argumentative...)

  How hard is it to say "yes, I see how 'grep' or similar tools can be
very useful"? Instead, you keep repeating "I have never needed anything
like that", making it sound like in your opinion it must be one of the
most useless things in existence.

--
                                                          - Warp