POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Warp
Date: 22 Apr 2010 09:02:30
Message: <4bd048e5@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >   Writing something like "grep 'hello.*there' file.txt" doesn't require a
> > lot of time or thinking.

> Nor does opening file.txt in a text editor and running a quick search.

  It requires a lot more time, especially if you want to do it for more than
one file. It's you who was talking about "using the right tool".

> (Not that I can think of a reason to want to do this in the first place...)

  You are now being stubborn as a matter of principle. I gave you one example
and you admitted that the example was sensible, and even gave an alternative
solution to the same problem (by using a database), and now you are again
repeating the "I can't think of a reason to do this" nonsense.

> >> Personally I just dislike scripting languages.
> >
> >   What's the difference between "a scripting language" and "a real language"?

> Now that is surprisingly hard to pin down. ;-)

  I think you are simply being prejudiced.

--
                                                          - Warp