POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Warp
Date: 22 Apr 2010 08:26:47
Message: <4bd04087@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Um... why? Three lines of text doesn't take "minutes" to write. And
> that's about all it takes to search a folder for a file matching a
> condition. (Obviously, it depends on how complicated the condition is...)

  How long does it take you to write a program which does the same thing
as this:

    fgrep '#include "header.hh"' *.cc

  How long does it take to write the program *and* compile it *and* run it?
Why would you do that when you *already* have a program which does that
(namely 'grep')?

  And I didn't even use any wildcards there.

--
                                                          - Warp