POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Apr 2010 06:39:18
Message: <4bd02756$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> 2. This script somehow works, even though I haven't installed WSH.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBScript

Much digging later: It seems that WSH is no longer a seperate download.
Apparently it now comes bundled with Windows and is installed by default.

Obviously, this makes a pretty dramatic difference. Nobody (except maybe
me) is going to go to the Microsoft download site and search for
"Windows Script Host" and download and install the file. In other words,
nobody's PC will ever have this installed. But now that it comes with
Windows itself, it'll be installed absolutely everywhere...

>> 3. It really takes that much code just to do the same task as DIR /B
>> C:\ > C:\FileList.txt?
>
> Obviously it's just a simple example so you can see how it works.

Wikipedia seems to indicate that WSH supports JavaScript. I wonder if I
can get that to work...