POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Apr 2010 06:34:26
Message: <4bd02632$1@news.povray.org>
>> I mean, I realise that hypothetically a regex can find things that a
>> normal search can't. But in reality, when are you *ever* going to use
>> that? What would it be useful for?
>
>   Maybe you should start reading more about regular expressions, and why
> they can be useful. I'm pretty sure there are regexp libraries for Haskell
> as well.

There are. Several different kinds, in fact. (Apparently there's more
than one possible regex syntax or something.)

I still don't get why you'd need to do complex searching. And if for
some strange reason you do need to, why use an obfuscated text string
with limited processing capabilities when you can use a real programming
language?