POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: scott
Date: 22 Apr 2010 05:48:42
Message: <4bd01b7a$1@news.povray.org>
> All I can say is that apparently I don't deal with volumes of data large
> enough to make searching necessary. (Then again, I always thought that if
> you have to *search* your files, you haven't organised them properly...)

Usually it's folders of files which are not from me (eg a programming
library) which I find I need to search.

Also the folder system used on most file systems only lets you put a file
into one location (unless you get tangled up with soft and hard links or
hundreds of shortcuts).  With a proper DMS a file should be filed under
several different categories (eg "Project A", "General electrical issues",
"Work done by Scott", "Work for customer X", etc).  As this isn't easily
possible using Windows Explorer then the only option sometimes is to search.