POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Apr 2010 15:37:22
Message: <4bcf53f2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Windows has better tools than UNIX for manipulating structured files.
>
>   It does a pretty good job at hiding them. And pretty much everything else
> that could be even remotely useful (such as soft links).

Yes, you don't like Windows, we get it. Plus, you use a version that's old
enough that it lacks the straightforward tools you're complaining about.

And yes, complex tools for manipulating structured files are hidden from the
people who would screw things up by using them wrong, then complain because
they don't understand the system well enough to know they did something
wrong. However, they're not that hard to find and they're mostly very well
documented. For popular files, the interfaces are very well documented.

You complaining you can't find the Windows stuff is like Andrew complaining
he can't work grep. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)