POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Apr 2010 14:20:58
Message: <4bcf420a@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Windows has better tools than UNIX for manipulating structured files.
>
>   It does a pretty good job at hiding them. And pretty much everything else
> that could be even remotely useful (such as soft links).

This discussion is starting to remind me of when people learn Haskell...

Newbies go "Man, Haskell sucks! Why the hell is it to hard to create
global variables that I can actually write to?"

And the Haskell experts go "Man, WHY THE HELL would you want to do such
a thing? Global variables are EVIL!"

And after a few iterations of this, it turns out that the newbie is
trying to perform a task which Haskell can do in a way that's 500x
easier than the way they're trying to do it, because they're used to
doing it the "normal" way...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/