POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Apr 2010 14:19:06
Message: <4bcf419a@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Yet Windows fails to provide such a simple and essential thing as a
> competent file search utility in Windows Explorer (the one at least in
> XP just doesn't work).

I can't say I've ever needed to use this more than about thrice. And
that was only to find temp files on the server so I could delete them to
free up some space. I've never needed to search *inside* files...

>   Apparently Microsoft's idea of "easy to use" is to make it as hard to use
> as possible if you want to do anything even slightly more complicated.

Microsoft's idea of "easy to use" seems to be "figure out what 90% of
the population wants to do, and then make *that* so easy that a drooling
retard could do it". Anything outside the set of things that 90% of the
population are likely to want to do is... not so easy. [That was an
understatement, by the way.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/