POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All bow to the mighty Python : Re: All bow to the mighty Python Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All bow to the mighty Python
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Apr 2010 12:12:42
Message: <4bcf23fa$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   How is that "fewer keystrokes".

That's "reindenting". I'm talking about indenting as you type. That kind of
indenting isn't useful in Python, any more than a macro to "add in the
missing braces" is useful.

>> and you use them *instead* of { and }.
>
>   { and } have nothing to do with indentation. They aren't even necessary
> for all code blocks.

And indenting isn't necessary for all code blocks in Python. But, like { }
in C, indenting is necessary when you have several statements on separate
lines that you want as a block.

I'm saying that indenting isn't a tedious matter of typing the right number
of tabs on each line in Python.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)