POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All bow to the mighty Python : Re: All bow to the mighty Python Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All bow to the mighty Python
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Apr 2010 11:57:07
Message: <4bcf2053$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>>>   Also autoindentation of Python code is a physical impossibility.
>
>> No it's not.
>
>   Clearly your definition of "autoindentation" is not the same as mine.

I guess not. I figured you meant "indenting as you type" or something. Not
"strip all indicators of block structure, followed by trying to replace
them."  The editors one uses for python all indent when you start a block
automatically and keep that indent until you type the dedent character.

>   No, it's not. Why not? Because whitespaces at the beginning of lines are
> a lot easier to lose than braces.

Only if the software you're using strips them out on purpose.

What you're saying is "Python using whitespace is stupid because a lot of
web sites don't treat whitespace as significant."  Sure, OK, that's an opinion.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)