POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: scott
Date: 21 Apr 2010 09:56:06
Message: <4bcf03f6$1@news.povray.org>
> One innotation Windows did add was the Task Bar.

Acorn's OS had a task bar almost a decade before Windows came along with it,
drives and other storage locations would build up from the left, and running
programs would build up from the right.  It would even scroll left/right if
you ran so much stuff that there was no space left.

> applications. And that raises a bit of a problem. If I'm trying to look at
> several things at once, and I want to switch between them, *sometimes* I
> need to click something on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, and
> *sometimes* I need to click something on the tabbar at the top of the
> screen. And my primitive little monkey brain is too simple to get this
> right most of the time.

Ctrl-Tab also works in most tabbed applications to switch between tabs, if
that helps at all.  I guess if you have several instances of FF running,
each with several tabs you might get confused, but generally I only have one
instance of FF, one of Visual Studio, one of Excel etc, so mentally I
realise that there are tabs within each application.