POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All bow to the mighty Python : Re: All bow to the mighty Python Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All bow to the mighty Python
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Apr 2010 09:36:20
Message: <4bceff54$1@news.povray.org>
>>>   Why?
>
>> Becuase no editor in existence can syntax hilight Haskell?
>
>   I don't think that's true. http://www.haskell.org/haskell-mode/

So... that's Emacs then?

Perhaps I should rephrase my statement... uh... No easily usable editor
in existance can syntax hilight Haskell. How about that?

>   Maybe it's because you program mostly in Haskell and not those other
> languages?

More likely it's because Haskell is the kind of language which is quite
easy to work with even without hilighting and other frills.

>> You're saying "if it indents wrong, you've missed a delimiter". I'm
>> saying "if you indent it right, that's your delimiters".
>
>   Indenting is easier when the editor does it for you.

Well, maybe. Besides, my editor does some of the work for me; each line
is indented the same amount as the previous one, which is what you want
the majority of time. If for some reason I'm forced to use Notepad, I
really *really* miss this!