POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random thought #1376824 : Re: Random thought #1376824 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random thought #1376824
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 21 Apr 2010 09:12:56
Message: <4bcef9d8$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Writing documentation is just programming.
>
> You're programming a human being to operate your software.
>
> Too bad the programming language is complex, ad hoc, crufty, poorly
> defined and virtually impossible to debug...

Another problem is that it's hard to write unit tests. But I keep thinking I
should write a tool for that, using extra metadata. At least for basic
things like remembering to remove documentation for removed features.

    Click the 'Attach file' button on the toolbar.
    <% assert(toolbar.actions.contains("Attach file")) %>

If the button is removed or renamed, the failing test would remind me to
update the documentation.