POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All bow to the mighty Python : Re: All bow to the mighty Python Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All bow to the mighty Python
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Apr 2010 16:42:25
Message: <4bce11b1$1@news.povray.org>

discussion : 4bce01c9$1@news.povray.org...
> On 04/20/10 03:52, Warp wrote:
> Know how often I've had issues compiling because of a missing brace or
> semicolon? Orders of magnitude more frequently than whitespace issues in
> Python.

Same experience here. I guess that's because it's easier to miss a semicolon
or a brace in PHP than a whitespace in Python. I had to program in Python
for a few days last year. At first I had the same WTF reaction as Warp about
indentation but I found it much less error-prone in that respect than PHP. I
like PHP, but its unability to cope with missing stuff is a time sink, as it
outputs anything from a blank page to hebrew (unexpected
T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM).

G.