POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another philosophical religious thought... : Re: Another philosophical religious thought... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another philosophical religious thought...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 20 Apr 2010 16:34:09
Message: <4bce0fc1$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/19/2010 8:50 PM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> This is what I'm saying:
>>
>> Assuming that "made man in God's image" is interpreted in a
>> straightforward way. If so, God didn't design the eye. God didn't
>> design himself - he was always here. And he copied his eye for use
>> with humans. Where did the design of the eye come from? It has always
>> been here. No need for a designer at all. :-)
>>
>> Clearly God is an irreducibly complex system that wasn't designed. Any
>> irreducible thing patterned on God thus came into existence without
>> being designed, just like parents don't "design" their children's eyes.
>>
>> Was just a silly passing thought.
>
> Ahh, I did not understand that was the point you were making. Of course
> even so then there's still cephalopod eyes and such that would need
> actual design. Unless of course you hold that God would just "know" how
> such eyes were made and wouldn't need to actually "design" them, which
> lease you right into the rather odd (and sort of useless imho) question
> as to what degree an all-knowing entity could perform something we would
> call "design".

Bah. Its all quite pointless. The truth has already been presented at
http://www.mrdeity.com/ God, you see, is a lazy, vindictive, bastards,
and decided to go with a self-design genetic algorithm, instead of going
into all the effort of actually designing anything. He then went on with
his plan anyway, as though it all had been designed, only didn't bargain
for the fact that his creations would be smart enough to come up with
science and discover that it all worked without him having actually done
anything to rate being worshiped. lol

I just had to by their "E=M^r.d^e'+y/d'd 1t" T-Shirt. ;)

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {