POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another philosophical religious thought... : Re: Another philosophical religious thought... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another philosophical religious thought...
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Apr 2010 11:21:07
Message: <4bcdc663$1@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos wrote:
> "Image" does not mean "clone". An image is not a copy, but rather
> something that _looks_like_ something else. For example photographs, and
> statues. Neither a photograph nor a statue can see with their eyes.

But God *can* see with his eyes. Perfectly, at that. So in what sense did
God have to design our eyes, if he already has perfect ones to base things on?

> BTW, a multidimensional being would need only one multidimensional eye
> to be able to see all around, even if it is on the front of the head :)

It depends how many dimensions he wants to look into. :-)

> Since we do not know everything about all dimensions that exist, we
> cannot know how the universe started because we do not have enough
> information.

Yet, oddly enough, there are huge numbers of people who will tell you it is
all carefully documented!  Imagine that!

> Heh. Maybe someday someone will write an AI program that comes to the
> conclusion that humans don't exist!

Not yet, but they already made one that concluded everyone is famous. They
were programming it with encyclopedias and watching its deductions, and it
eventually deduced that everyone is famous.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)