POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another philosophical religious thought... : Re: Another philosophical religious thought... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another philosophical religious thought...
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Apr 2010 22:02:53
Message: <4bcd0b4d$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
 > Yes, it's pretty much like that,

I find of the games he and I have both played, I liked what he liked and
disliked what he disliked for the same reasons. They're serious reviews, but
he tries to tell you the bad stuff without telling you the good stuff for
the most part.

Check out his review of Batman, or SaintsRow or Prince of Persia. There are
a few he likes. :-)

> I've seen people saying they play the game in very easy mode just to
> effortlessly enjoy the ride. :)

I usually wind up going thru most games on easy, and even switching into
godmode at some point, just because I find it pointless to bash my head
against the same boss more than five or six times.  The nice thing about the
XBox is when they don't have god mode, they do seem to tone the game down to
where easy is beatable without being tedious.

(Most recent, trying 4 or 5 times to get thru the endgame of Batman,
actually killing the bad guy, only to get wiped out by his giant corpse
sliding across the floor and smashing me against the wall. :-)

I'd love to go thru Serious Sam on god mode, just to look at the levels.

The first couple of Thief games were cool because on the easy mode you
couldn't even get to the whole level. There were walls where there would be
doors on the harder levels, which was kind of cool when I realized that.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)