POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another philosophical religious thought... : Re: Another philosophical religious thought... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another philosophical religious thought...
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Apr 2010 19:26:44
Message: <4bcce6b4@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> We *were* created in His moral image, that of sinless perfection.

Obviously not.

Clearly it was sinful to disobey God, to realize that God was lying, and to
do both of these things without knowing they were sinful. If we were morally
sinlessly perfect, we wouldn't have original sin, now would we?

If we were created morally, sinlessly perfect, why would ever single human
being to ever live be sinful?  That's like saying "every single human being
stands over three meters tall, except those who are shorter, which is all of
them."

> all of us have blown it through sin.

Also, obviously not. Having eaten from the tree of knowledge, it is clear
that sins are not heritable. Punishments from God, perhaps, but not sins.

 > Unless making man in God's image means that man was gifted with free
 > will, a very common interpretation.

That's clearly a bad interpretation as well, unless you are saying that the
serpent was also gifted with free will and hence created in God's image, and
hence also sinlessly morally perfect, which seems to be pushing the analogy.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)