POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another philosophical religious thought... : Re: Another philosophical religious thought... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another philosophical religious thought...
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Apr 2010 15:54:04
Message: <4bccb4dc$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Hmm. If you follow from your starting premise, maybe. The problem of
> course that (3) is in error anyway. You can *get* irreducible systems,
> without either needing them to be designed *or* previously existing.

Certainly. And even if you found an irreducible system that you could
*prove* could *not* have evolved on its own, that still doesn't point to the
necessity of a God.

After all, we already have systems like that. Indeed, the whole
"watchmaker's" argument is predicated on the fact that the watch is indeed
irreducible enough to need to be designed. It doesn't follow from that that
God created watches.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)