POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another philosophical religious thought... : Re: Another philosophical religious thought... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another philosophical religious thought...
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Apr 2010 12:32:38
Message: <4bcc85a6$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> In fact, I don't think any major sects believe that God is
> physical in the sense we come to understand it,

Maybe not any more. Certainly when he was walking around the Garden looking
for Adam and Eve he was. And he wasn't omniscient or he wouldn't have been
calling out trying to find them. :-)

> so the whole "in his image" business needs a deeper understanding

Certainly. But then, if we aren't like him physically, and we weren't
created in his moral image, and we are still incapable of understanding how
he thinks, in what sense are we his image?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)