POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Generics annoyance : Re: Generics annoyance Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generics annoyance
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Apr 2010 12:29:56
Message: <4bcc8504$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> foreach( Object o in myList )
> if( o is IUpdatable )
>    (o as IUpdatable).Update();

That was the conclusion I came to.

> Yeh, I think the XNA management classes are only meant to be simple ones
> to get you started, most things I've read advocate replacing the whole
> GameComponent system with your own (usually based on "screens" and
> adding components to each "screen").

Yes, I'm taking their samples and making them reusable now. It seems the
whole "component" idea that was touted in XNA2 kind of never really
materialized in XNA3. Now "components" in their samples are more like
"screen management component" and "audio management component" rather than
"make the camera bob when you walk" component or "explosion component".

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)