POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All about presentation : Re: All about presentation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All about presentation
From: TC
Date: 17 Apr 2010 10:57:53
Message: <4bc9cc71$1@news.povray.org>
> For me, I'd just like software to be reasonably easy to use. E.g., the
> Word picture editor is easier to use than Inkscape (although obviously it
> has only a tiny fraction of the power).

If you accept that using this simple tool you can do less and what you do
will take longer doing (if you do it more than once), you are right.

What I do not understand: how can anybody who is able and willing to use
povray (learn a whole SDL, employ sound knowledge of geometry and
mathematics) have any problems with a comparatively simple GUI. While I
 >complain< about blender's and the gimp's GUI, I still can use them if I
have to. It is just a pain  in the nether regions - it takes longer to
achieve anything, but it can be done. Compared to modelling anything complex
in povray sdl even blender is a piece of cake.