POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All about presentation : Re: All about presentation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: All about presentation
From: TC
Date: 16 Apr 2010 15:20:36
Message: <4bc8b884@news.povray.org>
>> BTW: if you want a >really< interesting background, then use an
animated gif

>  Uh, what?

You know that gifs can be animated. This, aside from being reliably
transparent in any browser, is the main attraction of this format. And
any image, even an animated one, can be displayed as background.

I once designed a backgound for a bathroom shop which would display
ascending bubbles on a blue background by first creating a seamlessly
tileable background and then animating the bubbles into a gif. Seven
years ago this was a nice way to animate an intro-screen... but since I
got paid for it I cannot post it.

So I quickly cooked up a small ani: after 4s it will chage colours, do
this 4 times, then stop changing for the rest of the session.

Try making a webpage with the attached image as background.

Maybe your newsreader will show it, too, though I would not rely on
this.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iso-8859-1' (3 KB)