POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoseRay 3.13.3 beta : Re: PoseRay 3.13.3 beta: preliminary comments Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoseRay 3.13.3 beta: preliminary comments
From: FlyerX
Date: 15 Apr 2010 21:50:15
Message: <4bc7c257$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/15/2010 3:44 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Hi FlyerX,
>
> I have started to look more closely to the beta. Not in-depth but with a
> couple of (Poser) objects I needed to work on. For now, I have the following
> comments:
>
> 1) The Search Path window, where you can add/remove search paths is too
> narrow, not enabling to see the complete paths and thus making it difficult
> to judge if a particular path is there or not. Make the window resizable and
> all will be well.
>
> 2) In the POV-Ray Output / POV-Ray scene files section, when checking off
> "Main Scene" and/or "Settings", those files are still saved along with
> geometry and material files.
>
> 3) The new Materials section is great.
>
> 4) the new materials output for image_maps, using functions, give excellent
> results as far as I can tell. Well done.
>

> That's it for now. I shall probably be back with more comments later.
>
> Thomas

Thomas,

Thanks for the feedback. I did reproduce the problems here so they were
added to the To do list. The material POV output was adapted from
several posts and replies here. It is more manageable than before.

I will keep updating the beta regularly and I will only post
announcements of new versions here when it is not beta anymore.

FlyerX