POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fade Cutoff : Re: Fade Cutoff Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fade Cutoff
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 15 Apr 2010 14:08:43
Message: <4bc7562b$1@news.povray.org>
Kenneth wrote:

> I.e., a 'matching' value of pow(2,16) isn't possible. Which would indeed result
> in some black pixels, I think.

in those cases, pow(2,16) would probably give you *no* pixels ;)

Actually I think it is strange that adc_bailout would give you
extra black pixels. I would have expected max_trace_level to return
black only for the remaining part of the ray which was cut off. Then,
if that rays contribution was already negligible, there should not
be much difference. But if I read the docs right this is not how
max_trace_level works?