POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : cubic pattern and cubic warp : cubic pattern and cubic warp Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:40:26 EDT (-0400)
  cubic pattern and cubic warp
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 15 Apr 2010 12:36:15
Message: <4bc7407f$1@news.povray.org>
Hola,

I have a question about a new pattern and warp type that was added in
beta 24:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:ToDo\CLReview#Beta_24

specifically the cubic pattern and cubic warp. I was able to figure out
where to add the pattern warp entry:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_5.3#Cubic

but whats up with the cubic warp? Should it go here:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_5.6#Mapping_using_warps

and or here:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_5.6#The_map_type_Option

Is it one of the listed types that are still under developement (3 and 4)?

I'd image there should also be a mention in the syntax diagram here:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_5.6#Warps

Finally in the keywords and identifiers list here:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_2#Identifiers_and_Keywords

I already see an entry for the "cubic" keyword that links someplace
else! Conflict or does parse phase associate those properly?

Jim