POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet frustrations : Re: Internet frustrations Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet frustrations
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Apr 2010 12:14:29
Message: <4bc73b65$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   What browser are you using which does that? I have never noticed such
> a thing.

It's when you have javascript loaded up on the page intentionally causing
that.  Or, just as bad, links in Flash. (Try watching a youtube video, then
opening one of the "see also" links at the end of the video in a new tab.)

>   As for popups, Firefox has a setting that blocks them. I thought it was
> on by default.

There are pages that implement it by using javascript to introduce new DOM
elements. When you see one of those pages with random words
double-underlined, that's what he's talking about.

> them and then you *might* get the file if you are really lucky. (More often
> than not the website will choke because it doesn't like your browser or
> its settings.)

See my comment on economics. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)