POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet frustrations : Re: Internet frustrations Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet frustrations
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Apr 2010 12:11:15
Message: <4bc73aa3$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I don't own a webcam?

Whoosh!

>> That's what a free junk email address is for.
>
> Except some of them actually check for this.

So, they don't let you use any free email account? Sucks to be them.

> And you still need to go to
> all the bother of setting up that email address in the first place.

Once.

> often when you "register" you must also provide a real street address,
> telephone number, inside leg measurement and a few other items.

I usually use my own info, with the individual numbers rearranged at the
end. :-)

> It's worse with open-source, since it usually starts out as a one-person
> hobby project. Ther person who wrote it knows what it does and why
> that's useful, but they forget to explain this part on their website!

Even when it's not a one person hobby project, how many times have you
gotten a source file with 50 lines of copyright disclaimers, revision
control stuff and etc at the top, and not a single line saying something
like "this file implements the regex parser"?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Yes, we're traveling together,