POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoseRay 3.13.3 beta : Re: PoseRay 3.13.3 beta: preliminary comments Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoseRay 3.13.3 beta: preliminary comments
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Apr 2010 04:44:51
Message: <4bc6d203$1@news.povray.org>
Hi FlyerX,

I have started to look more closely to the beta. Not in-depth but with a
couple of (Poser) objects I needed to work on. For now, I have the following
comments:

1) The Search Path window, where you can add/remove search paths is too
narrow, not enabling to see the complete paths and thus making it difficult
to judge if a particular path is there or not. Make the window resizable and
all will be well.

2) In the POV-Ray Output / POV-Ray scene files section, when checking off
"Main Scene" and/or "Settings", those files are still saved along with
geometry and material files.

3) The new Materials section is great.

4) the new materials output for image_maps, using functions, give excellent
results as far as I can tell. Well done.

That's it for now. I shall probably be back with more comments later.

Thomas